Cloud Computing | The Novo Private Cloud
Here at Novo keeping our customers data secure is our highest goal. Going beyond industry standard secure cloud hosting, we have implemented “private cloud’ technology for our ShareNet Platform.
So what exactly is a Private Cloud?
A Private Cloud is simply a dedicated hardware environment (pooled resources) with a virtualization layer running on top. This means that multiple virtual servers can be created and managed within a set of physical servers. And since it’s an environment dedicated for Novo Solutions – with Firewall(s), Servers and Storage Area Network(s) – only our customers running our applications behind our secure Firewall are living on it.
Through Rackspace, a trusted leader in Cloud computing services, Novo Solutions has adopted a secure, private cloud infrastructure for our customer’s data. Novo data is physically separated on dedicated hardware exclusively for Novo Solutions, providing high levels of security, reliability, and performance.
Cloud Computing Benefits:
Partnering with Rackspace to provide a Novo Private Cloud provides Novo Solutions (and our cloud customers) with the following benefits:
- Full 24x7x365 support and management of the Private Cloud configuration including hardware, hypervisor layer, operating systems, database servers and infrastructure
- Virtual Machine provisioning
- Expert assistance in designing, configuring and deploying expansions to the Novo Private Cloud configuration
- The purchase and renewal of all software licenses including operating system, database and anti-virus updates
- The purchase and deployment of all related hardware components
- Around the clock management of the network and data center
- Industry leading SLAs
- High levels of security, reliability, scalability and performance
- Greener server utilization with reduced energy consumption
The Rackspace Private Cloud infrastructure allows Novo Solutions to provide a secure, reliable server environment to our customers, while at the same time, helps us stay focused on what we do best – providing leading Customer Support and Knowledge Management solutions and supporting those solutions.
- Dell Rack Servers
- Intel Quad-Core Nehalem Processors
- VMWare’s ESXi based Virtual Machines
- Fiber Channel Connected Storage Area Network (SAN) SAS RAID drives
- Fully Redundant Power & Network
- 24×7 Server Monitoring
- Managed Backup
Contact us for more information on our cloud computing offerings!
Learn about our secure Network Center.