When most people think of Asset Management Software thoughts typically go to keeping track of IT equipment, such as computers and electronic equipment. And while that is the case, asset management software can track so much more. Here are just a few of the things you can track with an asset tracking tool:
- Office furnishings – desks, chairs, file cabinets, bookcases, etc.
- Office equipment – copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, A/V equipment
- Industry specific equipment – scanners, tools
- Supplies – office supplies, marketing materials, trade show equipment
- Fleet management – vehicles and maintenance records
- Facility equipment – building equipment, such as HVAC, boilers, etc.
- Anything that you can loan to somebody!
While you can inventory all of these items in a spreadsheet, asset management software takes tracking to the next level. You can track the asset’s description, condition, location and picture of each item. Knowing what assets you have and where they are located will save time from searching for an item, and reduce duplicate purchases for items you already own.
So if you currently own an asset management tracking tool try bringing it out of IT and into other areas of your workplace to get the very most out of your equipment.
For more information on the Novo ShareNet Asset Management Software see: http://www.novosolutions.com/sharenet/asset-management-software/