Large and small municipalities alike share common citizen issues. Providing services, ensuring safety and promoting sound communication is essential to a healthy public works operation. But keeping up with municipal work orders can be challenging for small and mid-size cities (or counties) who may have the same management issues, but not the same budget as larger cities. Fortunately Cloud based software is making it possible for small and mid-size communities to have access to software applications that were formerly only available to large organizations with enterprise budgets.
A Cloud platform allows software to be housed on a vendor’s server, so no expensive, in-house infrastructure is required. Cloud subscriptions are typically priced per user, so you only pay for the number of user licenses needed. This greatly reduces costs for smaller communities with fewer users, and allows the same application to scale to even the largest cities.
Cloud based Municipal Asset Management Software can deliver huge cost and time saving benefits!
Here are just a few:
- Improve Productivity in the Office and in the Field: Create, access and update assets and work orders from your office or in the field with a mobile interface.
- Automate Everyday Processes: Work Flow technology can automatically route Work Orders to a department and even send email alerts to track progress.
- Geotag Capabilities: Map the exact location of Assets throughout the area.
- Adapt as Needs Change: Flexible settings allow you to add custom fields, customize forms, record lists, email templates, etc. You can even attach documents or photos to records.
- Capture Inventory/Labor Costs: Associate inventory items to Work Orders and add labor hours for full cost tracking (i.e. for FEMA Reimbursements).
- Access Repair Procedures from Anywhere: Make repairs faster by searching for maintenance procedures in the built-in knowledge base, while in the field.
Finally, municipal asset management software delivers advanced reporting capabilities. From custom reports, to dashboard charts, managers have complete visibility of the things they need to track.
For information and to view an on-demand video of the Novo ShareNet Municipal Asset Management Software solution see: http://www.novosolutions.com/municipal-asset-management-software/