Asset Management Software
Keeping track of assets can be a challenge to organizations large and small. Assets can move locations, get reassigned to other people, get replaced, etc. Management wants reports about asset allocation, usage and service history. Accounting needs accurate data for tracking inventory and calculating depreciation.
Knowing what assets you have, where they are located, when they were purchased, if they are still in use, etc. is critical to any organization.
The Novo Asset Management Software is an extremely flexible solution that can be used as an IT asset management system or a fixed asset management solution to help you gain and maintain control of this information. Our asset management software is available as a stand alone tool or as part of the Novo Service Desk Suite.
Asset Management Software Benefits:
- Improve Organization/Control: Our asset management software takes the guess work out of where your assets are located, who is using them, etc.
- Reduce Time Spent Managing & Maintaining Assets: Complete flexibility/configurability allows any asset information to be tracked. When combined with the completely integrated Novo Help Desk Software you can see which assets are requiring the most repair/service and have a better feel of when to replace them.
- Empower Your Help Desk/Service Desk Staff: Help Desk staff can respond more effectively to end user trouble calls when they have access to detailed asset information (including installed software and hardware).
Features:(click “Expand All” to reveal all features)
Expand All | Collapse AllWeb Based, Industry Standards
- Completely Web Based – only a Web Browser is needed to manage assets
- Easily Accessible on your network
- Industry Standard Architecture (MS SQL Server, ASP/ASP.Net)
- No Additional Hardware Required – our IT and fixed asset management solution can typically be installed on existing servers
- Utilizes Existing IT skills with minimal need for re-training
- Allows tracking of any information related to the Asset (i.e. purchase order number, purchase date, serial numbers, contract numbers, etc.)
- Custom Asset List Views – each admin user can configure his own asset list view (i.e. the columns to display, list filtering and sort order).
- A complete transaction history is maintained as assets are moved around, status levels changed or assets are re-assigned to different end users.
- Asset Types – define types of assets (i.e. PCs, laptops, servers, PDAs, Cell Phones, network equipment, office equipment, etc.)
- Locations & Sub-Locations – Specify the exact location of the asset. Example:
“Atlanta, Georgia”, “Admin Bldg”, “2nd Floor”, “Room 323″
- Asset Status – allows multiple status levels (i.e. Active, In Storage, Disposed, etc.)
- Create Multiple Categorizations with User Defined Categorization Fields
- Full Asset Description – create your desired character description
- Asset Code/Tag Number ability to auto generate unique, sequential asset code numbers or manually assign codes/numbers
- Asset Images – pictures/images can be uploaded and displayed in the asset detail view
- Asset Notes – add notes (tracks note date/time and user)
- Attachments – any type of file (i.e. scanned purchase orders, warranty information, service agreements, drawings, MSDS sheets, pictures, technical specifications, etc.) can be attached to an asset. An asset can have a multitude of attachments.
- Administrative User Security Groups and Roles – ability to assign an administrative user to one or more groups with a unique role (i.e. Edit, View Only, etc.)
- Permission Based Assets – ability to assign the “ownership” of assets to an administrative group. This allows different groups in an organization to manage their own set of assets.
- Asset Associations/Assignments – associate/assign an asset to internal employees or departments and/or external customers.
- Relate Assets to Assets – for defining components
of a particular asset (i.e. a network router card with its own serial number in a large network hub) or for simpler defining relationships between assets
- Configurable Asset Views
- Printer Friendly Views – custom list views and detail view
- Custom Report Writer (optional module)
- Complete Asset Searching – search all asset text and number fields including User Defined Fields
- Searchable Attachments – if an attached file is a Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, PDF, HTML or txt file the text contents of this file will be searchable. Other 3rd party search plug ins are available to search other file types.
- Export Assets to Excel – easily export the current asset list view to Microsoft Excel (for calculating depreciation schedules, etc.)
- Allows you to insert bar code data into asset records
- Ability to search assets by scanning a barcode
- Requires Socket® Scanner 7Ci, Apple iPad, Novo Asset Manager v4.81.00
- Auto inventory MS Windows based network PCs for software and hardware
- Software Inventoried- all software in the MS Windows Add/Remove Programs List
- Hardware Inventoried – includes information such as CPU/speed, memory, BIOS, disk drives, TCP/IP information and more
- Relate PC inventory data to asset records
- PC Remote Control – built in Microsoft Remote Desktop (for local network desktops only)
- Software Reporting – total number of licenses by title/version
- Improved navigation via keyboard
- Improved capability for screen readers
Expand All | Collapse All